The courage to be authentic
The TRU Self Program gives underrepresented students entering Truman State University a chance to get to know each other prior to the start of class.
The program will help prepare students mentally and socially for college level work, providing insights on academic success strategies at a highly selective university.
How can I benefit?
- Gain a greater awareness of self and college by engaging in academically and socially stimulating workshops.
- Develop a “personal success plan” with strategies for overcoming common first-year challenges.
- Enjoy the opportunity to connect with departments, staff, and faculty on a more personal level.
- Connect with notable Truman State alumni of color.
- Explore Kirksville and the Truman campus, learning about resources available to you.
- Build lasting connections and friendships.
- Enroll in a year-long mentoring program with upperclassmen focused on building academic and social capital.