The Center for Diversity and Inclusion (CDI) serves the Truman State University Community by supporting diverse groups academically, emotionally, and socially. We are grounded in inclusive excellence that invites the campus to engage academically and socially with identity development, intersectionality, inter-group relations and justice in order to develop a consciousness for the common good at Truman State University and the global community.
Everyone has good and bad days, the Center for Diversity and Inclusion helps me with my everyday. Good or bad. I feel loved after visiting. –Jalisa Wines, Class of 2021
Our vision is to:
- Foster an environment of inclusion & equity to bridge intercultural gaps & inequities
- Provide opportunities for academic & cultural enrichment through our campus & collegial partnerships
- Develop cultural competency/proficiency through multiple opportunities to attend workshops & seminars
- Overall advocacy for students to ensure they are prepared to be global citizens & life-long learners
- To provide leadership in educating the campus on diversity, inclusion, social justice, & equity matters
September 6, 2018
The Preferred First Name and Gender Pronoun Policy allows faculty, staff and students to change an individual’s first names and gender pronouns in most university information systems without pursuing a legal name change. Reasons for name changes may include transgender or gender nonconforming identities, members of our international community who wish to adopt an English […]
The post Truman Implements Preferred First Name and Gender Pronoun Policy appeared first on Center for Diversity and Inclusion.
May 24, 2018
“This is how grad students of color are sharing their stories and building community to motivate and inspire.” Blk + in Grad School, a Medium blog, shared a compilation of 41 blogs, podcasts, and community spaces where people of color are sharing their experiences and stories of graduate school and beyond. Check it out!
The post Nationwide Students of Color are sharing their Graduate School Experiences appeared first on Center for Diversity and Inclusion.
Check Out Our Newsletter
Our weekly newsletter highlights events & opportunities in and around Truman community, as well as some blog post and student spotlights